Show/Hide Accordion On Text Link

Sotiros57

I have an accordion that I want to show once a visitor clicks on a text link, and hide once they remove the mouse from the accordion. I am very new to HTML and all languages. Can someone please tell me how I can go about doing this?Thanks!

Every accordion is different. If you got yours from its original source, it should have come with instructions, or there may be a link to instructions on the page where you got it. Maybe you could post a link to the instructions, or post the instructions here?If you got your accordion from another source, and it did not come with instructions, then you are asking us to do some detective work. Is it, for example, jQuery code? If it is, someone can probably just give you an answer.Is your accordion created entirely by CSS? A combination of CSS and JavaScript? You may need to post some code here, but first we need to figure out exactly what to post.Be aware that click behavior generally involves JavaScript. If your accordion is entirely CSS based, then getting it to interact with JavaScript may take a lot of work. It might be easier and faster to find a different accordion that depends on JavaScript functions triggered by a click event.

Every accordion is different. If you got yours from its original source, it should have come with instructions, or there may be a link to instructions on the page where you got it. Maybe you could post a link to the instructions, or post the instructions here?If you got your accordion from another source, and it did not come with instructions, then you are asking us to do some detective work. Is it, for example, jQuery code? If it is, someone can probably just give you an answer.Is your accordion created entirely by CSS? A combination of CSS and JavaScript? You may need to post some code here, but first we need to figure out exactly what to post.Be aware that click behavior generally involves JavaScript. If your accordion is entirely CSS based, then getting it to interact with JavaScript may take a lot of work. It might be easier and faster to find a different accordion that depends on JavaScript functions triggered by a click event.
It’s jQuery. It came from another source with no instructions. I had accidentally created a text link that when clicked opens a drop down menu, and I could have used that, but my niece decided pushing random buttons on my computer was much more fun. She undid everything I had done and saved it. So, now I’m looking to create the same thing, but for an accordion.

Archived