ARIAL font appearance inside/outside a table

THRobinson

I'm one of those people who know enough about HTML to make a site but not enough that I'll be making a living at it anytime soon.I'm trying to do a website for myself without enough ability to make a CSS template so just using HTML and Dreamweaver CS3.Basically, having the problem with how ARIAL appears inside vs outside a table.examplehttp://www.thomashrobinson.com/test.htmlAs you can see... VERY basic code used, set to ARIAL as a default font, yet the middle line which falls inside a table appears bolder than the rest.Is there a trick to fix this?Thanks.

I'm one of those people who know enough about HTML to make a site but not enough that I'll be making a living at it anytime soon.I'm trying to do a website for myself without enough ability to make a CSS template so just using HTML and Dreamweaver CS3.Basically, having the problem with how ARIAL appears inside vs outside a table.examplehttp://www.thomashrobinson.com/test.htmlAs you can see... VERY basic code used, set to ARIAL as a default font, yet the middle line which falls inside a table appears bolder than the rest.Is there a trick to fix this?Thanks.
<th> is by default <strong>

If you don't want it bold just put it in a tddink

<th> is by default <strong>

If you don't want it bold just put it in a tddink

Actually, if you don't want it bold, then style the <th> element so that the text isn't bold.<th> elements have semantic purposes.

Hey thanks!I scoured through the code looking for a bold tag, highlighted the type and toggled bold on/off etc... was going nuts!Well, hopefully my next issue is a simple fix... will post in a new thread but, involved an odd shift of the screen whenever a delete a specific table within a table. Yet the main table size never changes and always set to centre. Driving me nuts.