CSS code Suitable to all browsers - teach me

mvsveena

I have a CSS file which works only on IE8. (Look at my www.exzite.in). The site is not completed. The site looks better only in IE 8.Teach me how to write common CSS selectors suitable to all browsers.Thanks & Regards,Supra veena

Look at references that show browser versions too, such as Sitepoint's CSS reference. Check out every property and selector you're using and see if there are any not supported and buggy in versions prior to 8. If they are, look for a workaround, or simply stop using those.BTW, you have

#logoarea1{ height:35px; width:autos;

The "autos" should instead be "auto".

Hey,Thanks for your inputs.I didnt provide you my .css file but seems that you looked into it. Please let me know how to view the .css external file of a web site.I have corrected width:autos to width:auto.ThanksVeena

if you visit a webpage and right-click on the page you can click view source you will find links and paths to external files, both CSS and Javascript. Extenstion like Firebug and Web Developers toolbar for Firefox also let you examine a web document, albeit with greater depth and detail.

its also helpful to validate your code as you go along to catch markup errors like that.

hey I am able to 'view source', but I could see only HTML code not the external css/ javascript code.Appreciate more details....Thanks,Veena
I said there are links to the files (if said javascript/css is external). Exactly where they would appear in the HTML code as written. For instance, your CSS file is called index.css, as found in the <head> section of your document. Click it (since its an external file). I know this this works in FF. If you can't click it, then just use the path to it instead.

Archived