I want to remove List tags, but Javascript doesn't work when I do ... Why?

reflex84

Hi,I've got a javascript code that I want to use on my website, but for some reason (this has happened to me before), it looks like the Javascript code needs to have List tags (<li>) in order for it to work. Is this true?I tried removing the li and ul tags, but the javascript then doesn't work when I preview it.Visit this website: http://www.web-kreation.com/demos/mootools...ter-mouseleave/If you view source, you will see the containers are using li tags.... It doesn't look like it though because you cant see the bullets ... Maybe if you make the bullets white, like the white page? Is there any way of using this javascript without having to use li tags or bullets, cos I don't want the bullets and invisible gap!!Appreciate your help!d.

If you read the tutorial that's linked to that page, you'll see the code specifically targets li elements. It's a hefty chunk of code, which uses the MooTools library, and there's a bunch of CSS that goes with it. I don't think a simple tweak is going to work for you. You'll need to understand a lot of things and the way they work together. If you already know CSS and MooTools, you'll be in good shape. If not, you've got some work ahead of you.

Archived