Wap site and PHP

unplugged_web

I've just been asked to build a wap site, but I wanted to know if I could use PHP with WML? I need to be able to use cURL to send the details of a form to one place, but the user to somewhere else. Normally I use this:

<?php$firstname = strval($_GET['firstname']);$lastname = strval($_GET['lastname']);$ch = curl_init();curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_URL,"http://www.somewhere.com/HttpInjectSMS?firstname=$firstname&lastname=$lastname");curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_GET, 1);curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_GETFIELDS);//result$result = curl_exec($ch);curl_close($ch);header("Location:thankyou.php");?>

Which works fine on the web, but didn't know if it would work on a wap site?Thanks

PHP is a server side language, and WAP is a client side alternative to (X)HTML for mobile phones.You can use PHP to generate a WAP page, the same way you generate an (X)HTML page. As soon as the user clicks on a link or submits a form, PHP can process the request and generate back a certain WAP page.

PHP is a server side language, and WAP is a client side alternative to (X)HTML for mobile phones.You can use PHP to generate a WAP page, the same way you generate an (X)HTML page. As soon as the user clicks on a link or submits a form, PHP can process the request and generate back a certain WAP page.
Thats' great thanks. One question though - do I put it in the code in the same way?IE, for a regular web page I'd put:
<form action="number.php" method="get" id="SMSForm" onsubmit="return validate_form()"><input name="number" type="text" onfocus="if(this.value=='Mobile number MUST start 07')this.value='';" onclick="MM_validateForm('number','','RinRange11:12');return document.MM_returnValue" value="Mobile number MUST start 07" /><br /><input name="submit" type="image" src="images/send.jpg" value="send" /></form>

but for a wap page I guess I'd use:

<card title="Fieldset"><p><fieldset title="SMSForm"><form action="number.php" method="get" id="SMSForm" onsubmit="return validate_form()"><input name="number" type="text" onfocus="if(this.value=='Mobile number MUST start 07')this.value='';" onclick="MM_validateForm('number','','RinRange11:12');return document.MM_returnValue" value="Mobile number MUST start 07" /><br /><input name="submit" type="image" src="images/send.jpg" value="send" /></form></fieldset></p></card>

I don't know any WAP to tell you for sure, but if you mean do you embed PHP code in the same way - yes. In the end, the PHP code will be replaced by whatever you generate with it, including WAP markup.

Archived