Repopulating form fields on page back

Guest ESH

I have a 3 page asp formpage 1 "posts" form fields to page 2 page 2 "gets" form fields to page 3page 3 formats and emails all the fieldsfields are getting passed correctly forward, as the email contains all the datamy problem is going back from page 2 to page 1, the fields are all blanked instead of containing the data previously entered.I'm using onclick: "history.back()" to navigate back to page 1 I've even tried using var=request("var") and populating the form field with value="<%var%>" still comes up blank.Need users to have the ability to "go back" and correct entries if needed, without having to refill out the entire form.What piece of the puzzle am I missing here?Thanks!

One solution would be to save all of the form data when they initially submit it, and if you load the page again check the session to see if the values are there. If they are, fill the values back into the form. It might also be better to use a regular link instead of the browser's back functionality, if you just use back it may not ask the server for a new page.

Archived