Select Highest COUNT()

grecorromano

Hi im trying to get the highest count of a row. here is what i'm doing:SELECT MAX(Y),X FROM(SELECT Pe.nombreArtistico AS X,COUNT(Po.id) AS YFROM Pelicula P, Persona Pe, Postulada Po, Premio Pr, TABLE(Pr.nombre) C, PERSONA_ROL_PELICULA PRP WHERE P.id=PRP.id_pelicula AND Pr.id=Po.id_premio AND PRP.id_postulada=Po.id AND Pe.id=PRP.id_persona AND Po.ganadora='si' AND C.nombre='Mejor Director' GROUP BY Pe.nombreArtistico ORDER BY COUNT(Po.id) DESC)GROUP BY X;but the output is:4 John Ford3 William Wylerit should be just:4 John Fordi'm using oracle.

You could have a subquery, e.g. WHERE Y IN (SELECT MAX(Y) FROM table). It might also be easier to process that with another language, so get the results ordered by Y and keep printing them until you find one that is less than the max.

i tryed this and it worked:SELECT Y,X FROM(SELECT Pe.nombreArtistico AS X,COUNT(Po.id) AS Y FROM Pelicula P, Persona Pe, Postulada Po, Premio Pr, TABLE(Pr.nombre) C, PERSONA_ROL_PELICULA PRP WHERE P.id=PRP.id_pelicula AND Pr.id=Po.id_premio AND PRP.id_postulada=Po.id AND Pe.id=PRP.id_persona AND Po.ganadora='si' AND C.nombre='Mejor Director' GROUP BY Pe.nombreArtistico ) WHERE Y=(SELECT MAX(Z) FROM (SELECT COUNT(Po.id) AS Z FROM Pelicula P, Persona Pe, Postulada Po, Premio Pr, TABLE(Pr.nombre) C, PERSONA_ROL_PELICULA PRP WHERE P.id=PRP.id_pelicula AND Pr.id=Po.id_premio AND PRP.id_postulada=Po.id AND Pe.id=PRP.id_persona AND Po.ganadora='si' AND C.nombre='Mejor Director' GROUP BY Pe.nombreArtistico ));thanks for the ideas, i've been working on this all day long!

Archived