Corrupted File

music_lp90

Hi All,We use Joomla and the content editor in it is the tinymce editor. Today the html editor in tinymce would not load and was having a javascript error "Invalid Character". It appears that the "tiny_mce_popup.js" has been corrupted. When I download the file, I can open it and the code all looks fine, but when I look at the source that is loaded online in Firebug, it shows:

<script src="../../tiny_mce_popup.js" type="text/javascript" language="javascript">GIF89aÿÿÿ!ù,D;</script>

(Not exactly as shown above, the characters are not pasting correctly, but it's a bunch of strange characters that show up where the is)I tried creating a new .js file with the same javascript in it and replacing the one on the server and also tried uploading backed up copies, but it still loaded the same corrupted looking script.Finally, instead of loading the js externally, I just pasted the code directly into the the file that was requiring it and that worked, but can someone tell me why after deleting the corrupted file and uploading a new one it still was corrupted. Is there anything I can do about this? Should I be worried that other files might start getting corrupted like this?Thanks!

That's not corrupted data, that's a GIF image. Specifically, that's a GIF 89A image. If you remove the script tags and save the file as .gif you can probably open it. As for what an image would be doing embedded in Javascript code, your guess is as good as mine. If that file gets created dynamically, it sounds like the program that creates it isn't reading the source data from the right place.

its not a gif image, it treats the data returned as a gif image, this issue has been reported several times, google 'jce editor gif89a' most relate to kaspersky anti virus program blocking the script because of the filename containing popup.I use joomla a lot, and had same problem.

Thanks for your help guys. It was the antivirus that was blocking the script. There's a slight issue still. Everything seems to work fine in Firefox, but in IE, the "Edit HTML Source" opens and will load partially, but freezes or never finishes loading or something. The popup looks like it is frozen until you click on the title bar and move the window, then the content shows up, but the textarea is only about 20px high and the form elements do not work. You cannot click in the textarea, the buttons, or the checkbox. The window closes fine. So, if there's any suggestions on this, I would appreciate it. If not, I'll just use Firefox.Thanks!

Archived