Removing Set Cookies

calvin182

I've figured out how to set a cookie using php but I want to set up a link to remove that cookie. Some help please?

If you send a cookie that consists of a name without a value, it will have the same effect as deleting the existing cookie of the same name.Examplecreate a cookie called username
setcookie('username','scott');

to deletet the cookie called username

setcookie('username','');

As an added precaution, you can also set an expiration date that's in the past

setcookie('username','',time()-60);

you would think php would have a way to actually delete cookies considering it has a way to set them instead of just nullifying it. I see IPB has a link on it saying 'delete coookies set by this board' which leads me to consider the possibility that maybe javascript can do this? any thoughts? it's not completely neccessary anymore, I guess nullifying it will do fine, but I am a bit currious.

setting an expiration date in the past (like the method you posted above) didn't work for me, the cookie was still present. I'll try again tho because I changed some thing before hand and I might have messed it up.EDIT: I tried again and it worked! I forgot to include some variables the first time hehe but that method has completely removed the cookie, thanks alot!

Edited by calvin182