what is your favorite book?

jawad

Well...you are surfing w3schools forum ,so you believe in w3schools (so smart conclusion!!!)ok I was wondering :do you think that w3schools tutorials introduce the basic knowledge you wanted (or you will want)let me answer :yes!!!but I think the most important thing to be a good programmer is the good bookwell I can speak about php :I think the php manualhttp://php.net/download-docs.phpis the best reference for phpalso I like this book:http://www.4shared.com/document/NXRBmltY/A...s_A_Problem.htmwhat about you??what is you favorite language ?your favorite book ?

I am a big fan of books to aid learning. I feel more confident in the instruction therein than on some random website (obviously the official sites are good, but it can be hard to gauge how reputable a website of tutorials is). My favourite books are:java script: The JavaScript Bible by Goodman & Morrison - Wiley's Bible rangejQuery: Learning jQuery 1.3 by Chaffer and Swedberg - PAKT publishingHTML & CSS: Mastering Integrated HTML and CSS by Virginia DeBolt - John Wiley & SonsPHP & MySQL: PHP, MySQL & Apache - SAMS Teach YourselfSEO: Search Engine Optimization with PHP by Sirovich & Darie - WroxI also enjoyed The Manga Guide To Databases. As a fan of both databases and manga, it was a very entertaining guide to the subject,

• 2 weeks later...

I prefer video training to books. An awesome provider of such things is lynda.com (over 45,000 videos I think)As for books, I can't really say; I've only just started reading books for learning, lol.And for your question of favourite languages, PHP for sure.

I've learnt PHP from Head First PHP & MySQL. I'm currently studying C thoroughly using K.N. King's C Programming: A Modern Approach.I can't choose a favorite language. I'm the most productive in PHP, but, tricky thing is, not because of PHP alone, but mainly because of HTML and CSS, which provide an easy and elegant way to create a UI. Syntax-like, C is the language you can benefit the most from, and I simply prefer strongly-typed languages to weakly-typed ones.

Archived