Help with Links

Guest the nerd herd

Guest the nerd herd

Hello, I've a project where I have to be able to code so that the current page, the link to that is a diffrient color than the rest. In example, "link1, link2, link3, link4, link5" I go to link1, and the link changes color, and stays that way as long as I am on the page, I go to link2, that changes and link1 changes back to normal, I managed to do this, but through some annoying php code that took quite a while, I'm considering if there's some smart guys around that has any knowledge on how to do this in css/html, I tried messing around with A:active but it would only change color as I pressed the link. My site is set up with: if(isset($_GET['page'])) { $page = $_GET['page']; include("includes/".$page.".php"); }So it's the _same_ menu on all the sub-pages, so I'm not able to just go change some classes on the menu, is there a way to do this? Here's the way I set it up now, and as you can see for yourself, there must be an easier way to do this?<?php define('THIS_PAGE', $_GET['page']);echo '<ul>';if (THIS_PAGE == 'videos') echo '<li><a href="index.php?page=videos"><font color="#000">Videos</font></a></li>';else echo '<li><a href="index.php?page=videos"><font color="#FFF">Videos</font></a></li>';if (THIS_PAGE == 'images') echo '<li><a href="index.php?page=images"><font color="#000">images</font></a></li>';else echo '<li><a href="index.php?page=images"><font color="#FFF">images</font></a></li>';if (THIS_PAGE == 'Tour Dates') echo '<li><a href="index.php?page=images"><font color="#000">Tour Dates</font></a></li>';else echo '<li><a href="index.php?page=images"><font color="#FFF">Tour Dates</font></a></li>';if (THIS_PAGE == 'Tour Dates') echo '<li><a href="index.php?page=images"><font color="#000">Tour Dates</font></a></li>';else echo '<li><a href="index.php?page=images"><font color="#FFF">Tour Dates</font></a></li>';if (THIS_PAGE == 'News') echo '<li><a href="index.php?page=images"><font color="#000">News</font></a></li>';else echo '<li><a href="index.php?page=images"><font color="#FFF">News</font></a></li>';if (THIS_PAGE == 'Discography') echo '<li><a href="index.php?page=images"><font color="#000">Discography</font></a></li>';else echo '<li><a href="index.php?page=images"><font color="#FFF">Discography</font></a></li>';echo '</ul>';?> Thanks for reading :)

you could store link values in an array, and just loop through them to change link color to current pageif(isset($_GET['page'])){define("THIS_PAGE", $_GET['page']);}else{define("THIS_PAGE", "videos"); //sets default active link at start}$linkarray = array("videos","images","tour-dates","news","discography");echo '<ul id="nav">';for($i=0;$i<count($linkarray);$i++){if (THIS_PAGE == $linkarray[$i]) echo '<li><a href="index.php?page='.$linkarray[$i].'"><font color="#000">'.ucwords(str_replace("-"," ",$linkarray[$i])).'</font></a></li>';else echo '<li><a href="index.php?page='.$linkarray[$i].'"><font color="#FFF">'.ucwords(str_replace("-"," ",$linkarray[$i])).'</font></a></li>';}echo '</ul>';better still! because using <font> is old school, set a class for anchor links related to active and non active<style type="text/css">#nav {background-color:#66CC00;}#nav a {color:white;} /*default color for all states*/#nav a.active {color:black;}</style>if(isset($_GET['page'])){define("THIS_PAGE", $_GET['page']);}else{define("THIS_PAGE", "videos"); //sets default active link at start} $linkarray = array("videos","images","tour-dates","news","discography"); echo '<ul id="nav">'; for($i=0;$i<count($linkarray);$i++) { if (THIS_PAGE == $linkarray[$i]) echo '<li><a href="index.php?page='.$linkarray[$i].'" class="active">'.ucwords(str_replace("-"," ",$linkarray[$i])).'</a></li>'; else echo '<li><a href="index.php?page='.$linkarray[$i].'">'.ucwords(str_replace("-"," ",$linkarray[$i])).'</a></li>'; } echo '</ul>';

Archived