what is the host name or the ftp address of my web server

hansolo

What is the host name of my webserver. I have the wamp server on my desktop.in the priveleges the name is localhostwhat is the host name or the ftp address of my web server?would the name be "localhost"would be great if some one can clarify this please

http://localhost should work fineYou don't need ftp, because you're on the machineIf you want to access it from other computers on your network, you'll have to give it a name.In that case, other computers would access it with the name, and usually, ftp.thename will be the ftp address (assuming ftp is setup)

It would be very hard to get a specific subdomain set up for FTP (especially on a LAN, unless your DNS controller has the option to manually create records, and you know how to use it) - I would suggest just keeping it as the machine name (e.g. ftp://my_machine/).

It would be very hard to get a specific subdomain set up for FTP (especially on a LAN, unless your DNS controller has the option to manually create records, and you know how to use it) - I would suggest just keeping it as the machine name (e.g. ftp://my_machine/).
thanks alot do place the php files in the www folder. i alsohave another problem with the password set up. I recieve this error on the password set up. I am using wamp server version 2 #1045 - Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO)I have looked in the config.php files;however i cant find the password. please can you help

Archived