Free domain hosting

Xenon Design

Would you pay $10 for a domain and free hosting to go with it?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Would you pay $10 for a domain and free hosting to go with it?

• Yes
    • No

I know a web host in the US and they are thinking about offering free hosting if you buy a US$10 per year domain...I havnt got information about how much webspace or bandwidth youll get but it would be reasonable. And I think there will be no ads.If theres alot of intrest they will start this offer.So basically you pay $10 per year for a domain and get BANNER AD FREE hosting for free.

Well of course you won't get ads. Who is going to pay for a host with ads?As for the host itself. If it has unlimited bandwidth it would be worth it even if there isn't PHP. If there is: great!I once saw a host with PHP support and unlimited bandwidth for $15 per year. I forgot them though. At that time I wasn't aware how hard is to find such a host and I wasn't aware of PHP's full potencial. Not to mention that my knowledge of HTML at that time finished with the presentation of the <b> tag :) .And the space... for me, atleast 50MB thank you :( . After all, I know free hosts that offer more, though they don't have PHP support and they offer subdomains :) .

I'm not feeling the groove.My cousin has the host for ten bucks a month, and I get domains for three bucks a piece at small businesses of Yahoo. So, I have many domains, but all my profits are split half and half with me and him. I basically don't make anything though because people apparently don't like my sites. His rock though. Go figure.

A $10 domain and free hosting wouldn't be so bad as long as you were given enough space and bandwidth, and there were no ads. I pay $40 a year for my hosting. I get 500MB of space with 7GB of bandwidth. This is soon to increase to 750MB of space and 15GB of bandwidth. This includes up to 7 sub domains, SQL Server, and a plethora of other features. Not a bad deal in my opinion :)

been there and done that. most of these services are affiliate leased providers - someone selling someone elses hosting space. the end resutls is horrible support, horrible stability, and a waste of your time. there are many paid services that do not cost that much more and will stand behind their service 100% 24hrs a day. many, who know me, will be surprised that I didn't drop the name, ok, I can't resist - crystaltech.com. they are one of the highest rated hosting providers out there and their rates are unbeatable next to their service. over the last 3 years I have migrated all 30+ client sites to their servers and have never had any issue that ever made me consider leaving them.you get what you pay for - any many of you younger folks may see that as a cliche, but as you experience things, you begin to understand why there is such a thing.