Sign in to follow this  
mboehler3

Logic using Date() function

Hi, I have a non-dynamic site that I can only update once a month. Some pages have date-sensitive copy, such as "Sign up for our July 9 newsletter." As a result, I have to use logic so copy like that will not show up on July 10. I've been using logic such as this:

<% IF Date() <= "7/09/2010" THEN %>Sign up for our July 9 newsletter	<% ELSE %>	<%END IF %>

And it works fine. The problem is when I get to double digit months like October, where I use logic like this:

<% IF Date() <= "10/09/2010" THEN %>Sign up for our October 9 newsletter	<% ELSE %>	<%END IF %>

For some reason, no code appears when I use this logic. Is there a problem with double digit months that causes this logic to break? Any help is appreciated, thanks.

Date() returns a date, "7/09/2010" is a string.You need to find an ASP function that accepts a string and returns a date for comparison. Check DateDiff or DateCompare.

Thanks for the link.When I try using this code:

<% IF DateDiff ("d", Date(), #01/07/2010#) > 0 THEN %>

it doesn't work properly (I substituted 01/07/2010 with 06/21/2010). is there something i'm missing?

Date() returns a date, "7/09/2010" is a string.You need to find an ASP function that accepts a string and returns a date for comparison. Check DateDiff or DateCompare.