link and rollover color

owosso

I cannot figure out what I'm doing wrong with my link codes. H3 is supposed to be black link, with red rollover. The link shows up black in the Dreamweaver view mode, however publishes as red. Help!Here's my CSS:

p	{ font-size: 1.2em; color: #000000; line-height: 1.6em; }	.span	{ margin-left: 45px; }		a:link, a:visited	{ font-size: 1.2em; color: #000000; text-decoration: none; padding: 5px; }	a:hover { font-size: 1.2em; color: #CF2D21; text-decoration: none;}		h1	{ color:#CF2D21; font-size: 2.2em; font-weight: bold; }	h2	{ color:#CF2D21; font-size: 1.2em; font-weight: bold; }	h3 {	font-size: 1em;	font-weight: normal;	text-decoration: none;	text-align: center;	line-height: 4em;}h3 a:link {color: #000000; text-decoration:underline; font-size: 1em;}	h3 a:hover { text-decoration: underline; font-size: 1em;}	h4	{color:#CF2D21;font-size: 1.2em; font-weight: bold; font-style:italic; }h4 a:link, a:visited { color:#CF2D21; text-decoration:underline; padding: 5px; }	h4 a:hover { color:#000000; text-decoration:underline;}	

h3 a:hover { text-decoration: underline; font-size: 1em;color:#800;}
You can do away with the font-size declaration as it doesn't differ from the normal state of play for the <h3> tag.Also, at the OP - you have several formatting of your CSS. Either all one line, or each style on a seperate line. For readability, best to stick to one or the other. I find having each CSS style declaration on a seperate line easier to read and edit.:)

Would this make the link bold?h3 a:hover { text-decoration: bold; font-size: 1em;color:#800;}
that would be No!h1 - h6 are already bold in appearance, adding bold css styling font-weight:bold; a:hover { font-weight:bold; font-size: 1em;color:#800;}would make it even more bolder in appearance

Uh, note that while there are "levels" of "boldness" (from 100 to 900, with 700 being "bold"), the effect isn't cumulative. Many user agents don't support levels other than normal and bold, anyway.

Archived