Unable to Remove inetpub folder in vista

jsilvia

Hello,Does anyone know how to remove the "Inetpub" folder once IIS is removed from Windows Vista Professional? I have tried many areas of research for this solution including google and microsoft i have yet to find anything to apease this problem.whenever i try deleting it, i receive this:cannot delete APC427B.imp. it is being used by another program..Any suggestions would help.Thanks.Silvia

• 1 month later...

Sounds like you need to check if 'all' of the IIS services have been stopped and or set to not start at startup. Once this has happened you should then be able to remove it.

Hope this is problem had been solved. If not.....Windows 7 is same as Windows Vista but I'm quite sure it is not *.imp extension. I'm sure it is *.tmp extension. If *.tmp extension, it is Application Pool of IIS.Do not just stop IIS, disconnect the server at all for a moment.If it is still cannot be deleted, try to delete the with a full controls of priviledges. Open the properties of the file and set the security priviledges to full controls of your user account.I'm not guarantee this but I'd tried it once in my Windows 7.

Archived