html script help

Guest swboy316

Guest swboy316

sup peeps!i need some input. i am trying to create a text box that people can type text into. after they are done i have a button that submits it. I want that information mailed to an account that i have created.I tried it at first and it didnt work. Let me know if anyone has any info for me.Email me backThanksjgeekw@gmail.com

<html><body><form action="MAILTO:someone@w3schools.com" method="post" enctype="text/plain"><h3>This form sends an e-mail to W3Schools.</h3>Name:<br><input type="text" name="name"value="yourname" size="20"><br>Mail:<br><input type="text" name="mail"value="yourmail" size="20"><br>Message:<br><textarea rows="10" cols="30">Enter Stuff Here.</textarea><br><br><input type="submit" value="Send"><input type="reset" value="Reset"></form></body></html>

mailto relies on the user having an email program installed on their machine like outlook etc, if you don't have one then you cant use mailto. Even if you do have outlook etc it is very unstable.I would recommend using a server side language to achieve this.