One-page site

Guest FirefoxRocks

In IE8, the boxes appear to become small, and then suddenly enlarge and margins appear as you hover over them... I hope this wasn't intentional. Other than that... I don't know the game to comment on your applications... perhaps a background image wouldn't hurt?

I suggest using margins more consistently. For example, I would add margin at the top that is the same value as the margins on the sides. Same idea for the black/brown box on the right.

Decent looking and functional, but when I clicked on the screen shots of the Ages, there were no controls like next, last or exit link I could click on. Just a usability thought.Fx 3.6.6 on Win XP SP 3

Guest FirefoxRocks
In IE8, the boxes appear to become small, and then suddenly enlarge and margins appear as you hover over them... I hope this wasn't intentional. Other than that... I don't know the game to comment on your applications... perhaps a background image wouldn't hurt?
Actually that behaviour is intentional but I do not know how to do it in other browsers, it just magically worked in IE with the jQuery functions. I'll consider a background image but I cannot think of anything appropriate at the time.
I suggest using margins more consistently. For example, I would add margin at the top that is the same value as the margins on the sides. Same idea for the black/brown box on the right.
Do you mean margins outside each section, or padding? And I do not have control of that brown/black box, it is not mine, it's an iframe from another server.
I like the transition when "opening" up a box.
Thanks, all using simple jQuery.
Decent looking and functional, but when I clicked on the screen shots of the Ages, there were no controls like next, last or exit link I could click on. Just a usability thought.Fx 3.6.6 on Win XP SP 3
Ok I'll try to add those, shouldn't be too hard as they are default functionality for the lightbox thing I think.

Actually that behaviour is intentional but I do not know how to do it in other browsers, it just magically worked in IE with the jQuery functions. I'll consider a background image but I cannot think of anything appropriate at the time.
Well... it's somewhat annoying I think. Having the boxes expand and contract as you mouve over or mouse away from them is fine, but to only expand them and add margins on the first hover makes it appear "buggy".

Archived