conncet 2 database

bnzenith

I don't think u can connect to 2 databases that are on different machines and not on the same network (LAN).Not with MS Access, anyway...You cannot open a connection across the Internet. :)

thanks for replying....i got the solution....or you can say i manage the problem....as the data base is in accesscopy the data from one table to another database and download the new databaseand then transfer the data from new database to ur local machine database ...i know this is not the professional solution... but for the time being.. i am using solutionthanks again

code from transfering data from one db to another dbASP Coding:=========<%set cnn=server.CreateObject("adodb.connection")Dim strSQLcnn.Open "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;" & "Data Source=" & Server.MapPath ("db2.mdb") & "; Jet OLEDB:Engine Type=4;"strSQL = "DELETE * FROM [Table]" 'clear the tablecnn.Execute strSQLstrSQL = "INSERT INTO [Table] SELECT * FROM [MS Access;DATABASE=" & Server.MapPath ("db1.mdb") & ";].[Table] where id > 0"cnn.Execute strSQLcnn.CloseSet cnn = Nothing%>