what is causing this sql string to evaluate to 0 instead of becoming part of the string?

Greywacke

hi,i am rather rattled at this. can't seem to get any results on the web though...

<?php/*Quicktext Pro AJAX XML RESPONSEVersion 2.2.3*///set_time_limit(0);//return consumer name and product description by emailinclude("../includes/content/dwtphovu_f3rr37y.php");$eml = $_GET["q"];if ($eml == "") {	$eml = "@";	}header("Content-type: text/xml; charset=utf-8");echo "<?xml version=\"1.0\" encoding=\"utf-8\" ?>\n";echo "<root>\n";$tsql = "SELECT 		SUBSTRING_INDEX(			text_Consumer, 			\";\", 			1		) AS text_ConsumerName, 		IF(			LOCATE(				\"products_description\", 				text_LeadAttributes			) = 0			, 			CONCAT_WS(				" - ", 				SUBSTRING_INDEX(					SUBSTRING_INDEX(						SUBSTRING_INDEX(							text_LeadAttributes, 							\"<br />\", 							6						), 						\";\", 						-1					), 					\" = \", 					-1				), 				SUBSTRING_INDEX(					SUBSTRING_INDEX(						SUBSTRING_INDEX(							text_LeadAttributes, 							\"<br />\", 							2						), 						\";\", 						-1					), 					\" = \", 					-1				)			) 			, 			SUBSTRING_INDEX(				SUBSTRING_INDEX(					text_LeadAttributes, 					\"<br />\", 					1				), 				\" = \", 				-1			)		) AS text_ProductDescription	FROM 		6_serviceleads 	WHERE 		text_Consumer LIKE \"%".$eml."%\" 	ORDER BY timestamp_LeadCreated DESC 	LIMIT 1;";	echo "	".$tsql."\n";$result = mysql_query_errors($tsql , $conn , __FILE__ , __LINE__ , true);if ($result) {	while ($row = mysql_fetch_array($result)) {		echo "	<lead consumername=\"".			xmlentities($row["text_ConsumerName"]).			"\" productdescription=\"".			xmlentities($row["text_ProductDescription"]).			"\" />\n";	}	mysql_free_result($result);}echo "	<sql>".join("\n",$sql)."</sql>\n";echo "</root>";mysql_close($conn);?>

that's the code, what is going on here that i do not see? :) at the moment it returns the following xml.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?><root>	0gcm.nationsu@gmail.com%" 	ORDER BY timestamp_LeadCreated DESC 	LIMIT 1;	<sql></sql></root>

that email address after the 0 was sent as the q value in the querystring - here is the page:QuickText Pro Variable Retrieval

hmmm forgot all about the MOD operator... :)and amazingly, there is something that i still do not see (the % shows as part of the string in php - escaping them doesn't help either, that the first bit of the composed string evaluates to 0. :)could somebody please tell me what i do not see!sighs...

ah not sure exactly what was done wrong, but it was most probably an unescaped quote, if not an overescaped quote.it's working now :) issue RESOLVED :)

Archived