More practical lessons please

Oceancolour5

Hi,Your web design tutorials are better than many others out there. But I like to have more interactive hand on practical exercises along the lessons.I studied all the basic HTML lessons and I wish the lessons could be based around a website project and build up the website with the lessons along the way by adding new thing to the website. And, at the end of the course you have a beautiful website ready to publish on the web. at the moment, all the lessons are more like good source of reference.Regards,Dien.

They are suppose to be a reference. A complete web site could use a variety of Languages, so it's not a good idea to force users into one path.

http://www.w3schools.com/myfirst/html00.aspThat example sets a goal for the tutorial. Is that what you had in mind? Only it could be more advanced layout-wise.

The link below is to the first site that I used to learn how to created a web site. It is a tut from a college. It is well written and explained. Some of the HTML code isdeprecated, but it is the best for your purposes.The w3schools examples made much more sense after I worked through the tut. I finished CSS and am now learning JavaScript at a site other than W3schools for the same reason.Webpage Tutorial

• 2 weeks later...
http://www.w3schools.com/myfirst/html00.aspThat example sets a goal for the tutorial. Is that what you had in mind? Only it could be more advanced layout-wise.

The link below is to the first site that I used to learn how to created a web site. It is a tut from a college. It is well written and explained. Some of the HTML code isdeprecated, but it is the best for your purposes.The w3schools examples made much more sense after I worked through the tut. I finished CSS and am now learning JavaScript at a site other than W3schools for the same reason.Webpage Tutorial

Thanks all,Esp. thanks Silly Billy for the tutorial link. I guess all the boring example had driven me away after few HTML lessons. It only made sense after studied from other sources and came back to W3schools. Cheers,Oceancolour5.