Adobe Illustrator Issues

wysiwyg

Hi there,I'm new to this forum, not sure if I'm in the right section to address my issue but here it goes :)I am a multimedia student and having some issues with Adobe Illustrator. You will find enclosed a screen capture of a design I am currently working on addressing the issue. The ai file is fine, although when I click on "file>save for web and devices" gray lines appear in my design. Why is that? How do I get rid of them? http://i968.photobucket.com/albums/ae163/e...teproblem-1.jpgThanks so muchwysiwyg :)

The banding occurs due to colour depth limitations. There are several ways to get around this - two popular methods are to introduce noise or use dithering.

The banding occurs due to colour depth limitations. There are several ways to get around this - two popular methods are to introduce noise or use dithering.
but why when I send my .ai file to somebody else and they do a file>save for web and devices they don't see this issue, it only seems to happen on my side? And how do you go about introducing noise or dithering in illustrator? Thanks :)

• 1 month later...
but why when I send my .ai file to somebody else and they do a file>save for web and devices they don't see this issue, it only seems to happen on my side? And how do you go about introducing noise or dithering in illustrator?
I'm sure my reply comes too late, but this looks like a bad or inadequate graphics card issue, on your end. It might look fine on someone else's computer.As for dithering, that option is available if you Save for Web . . . and choose gif or png.

Archived