Review of my e-commerce site

ericpollard

It's been up for about 3 months, but I stopped by to ask for help on something else and saw this critique section of the forum and thought I would give it a shot. Here is a link: http://www.soundisolationstore.comThe site was largely created by a friend of mine, but sorted out, planned out, and customized from the original plan on my own. Thus, there are probably some errors and bad decisions made. Just wondering what people who know everything about CSS think about what has been done on this site. Any tips, suggestions, etc., are appreciated.

I think it looks good, very professional. There are a handful of markup and CSS validation errors, but these are the work of half an hour to fix. The way the product menu slides down is a little unsteady, I don't know how to make that smoother, but it's not a big deal.

• 2 years later...

Hi ericpollard, you did a great job! really i like it a lot! :good:I like very much the design, and also the functionality (navigation, form proccess on the payment) is very cool! I'm quite new to web development - junior developer - ,i think my knowledge in php, mysql, css is in an acceptable level and i know some jquery. I'm currently trying to learn about e-commerce sites and basicly i have to make a custom e-shop website (not based on any platforms like magento, x-cart etc) as an excersice for my university, but i would like though to make it look like more professional, if you get me, just in case i might use it for the future. :Pleased: Well, the list of the products, the categories etc, with a little bit hard try and some hours of hard coding, i guess i cant make it. My main problem is with the payment methods. How can i develop the methods like 1. using paypal 2. using a credit cart (master card, visa etc etc) and 3. with check and 4. on delivery. I would be extremly grateful if you could give me some feedback, or if you have used some tutorial or article as a guide that explains well and with details the workflow.Any help would be appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

What can we say.....its gorgeous. It's a shame we can't all produce websites of such brilliance first time out. Very well done mate. I wouldn't worry about CSS pal when you are using a third party commerce framework. CheersSteve Ps. I would avoid publishing what seem like full commerce strength websites here for us to pull apart.

Having said what I said, I have validated your site and the results were xhtml strict 1.0 - errors 54, warnings 10css 2.1 - errors 103 Sort them out and come back to me. CheersSteve