newbie: From simple idea to web-enterprise like facebook ; how?

eliyia

Don't worry about anything. Decide what you're going to do, how it can make money, how you'll build it, and go for it. If it's good, and you work hard, you'll succeed. You probably won't get rich, but you'll learn a lot.Educate yourself about intellectual property rights (copyrights and patents), business law, permits, and taxes, or pay professionals to help you.

Before a meeting you would require the people you're meeting with to sign an NDA saying that you're going to sue them if they take your idea and talk about it or do something with it with other people without you involved.
Not to shovel too much pessimism or reality into this, but be aware that NDAs are broken all the time. If the company that breaks it has a sufficient supply of money and/or lawyers, nothing will happen to them (except that they'll get rich off your idea). This is an unfortunate fact of life. See Microsoft vs Almost Everyone for examples. It can be difficult to prove and impossible to enforce. Also, companies patent stuff all the time that has plenty of existing "prior art" on the record (which in theory should prevent them from doing so), and many of them get away with it. In fact, most of them get away with it. Playing "patent wars" isn't a sport for the faint of heart, nor for those with shallow pockets. :)With all that said, if you think you have a genuinely patentable idea, go for it.

After reading u all i may conclude that no matter how far an idea is genuinely patentable, it's to be crucial/obvious for a person to educate himself about intellectual property rights , patents, business laws, software business and industry, etc , let alone developing a profound personal experience in web development and software engineering , upgradable to elite levels .. before engaging into any project of this kind .thats the only way one could foresee how his theory/idea(web) would roll and develop in the real practical busines$ oriented hard world.i may sound like a money bunny ,but i'm all the opposite , i'm into mathematics and music , a completely nonbusiness oriented person ; if i was in love with some ideas, i seek to develop them for the good they may offer , not for the wealth they may bring ,yet on the other hand i have a fear of starving or becoming homeless or even worse : live in a cubicle employed for the rest of my life .. for that matter ill try to take my $hare when ill have the opportunity to .

I sit in a cubicle. I do what I'm told. I get paid. Some days, I offer suggestions and get to pursue my own ideas, but the company owns whatever I produce.The money lets me do the things that are important to me.There are certain fundamental truths in life. You need some money. You have to work to get it. Whether you work for yourself or someone else, you're still working. If you live modestly, the money you earn will last longer and go further.Get rich quick schemes usually don't work out. Bold new ideas usually involve a fair amount of risk and lots of work.If you can look back at the end of the day, feel good about what you did, appreciate what you earned, and enjoy the people who are important to you - it's all good.:)... life goes on ... and change is constant ...

Archived