Getting data out of a URL and into and XML file

jenrainnie

I'm writing a script in asp to do a credit card authorisation and I have to get data out of a 'get' url and put in into a field in an xml file that will look like this

<PaRes>data</PaRes>

I'm a newbie and feel like i've been thrown in the deep end so please help!Thank you in anticipation.

Exactly what part do you have problems with? Do you know how to request resources from ASP? Do you know how to capture the data you want from the URL (and what is it anyway)? Do you know how to create XMLs? What do you want to do with the XML anyway?BTW, is it ASP or is it ASP.NET? What language? ASP is just the platform after all...

Okay, I'll answer each question ...Exactly what part do you have problems with? Mainly getting the data out of the url - I can get data from a data file/database and put it in an xml file but not from a urlDo you know how to request resources from ASP? YesDo you know how to capture the data you want from the URL (and what is it anyway)? No and it is URL that is going to come back from the ACS once the customer has verified their 3D secure passwordDo you know how to create XMLs? Yes but only from a data file/database What do you want to do with the XML anyway? It needs to be sent on the our payment provider with the AUTH request as an output.XMLBTW, is it ASP or is it ASP.NET? ASP - I'm having to modify .asp pages from standard card authorisation to 3D Secure. I'm learning ASP.NET (only just) but this was written by someone else a few years ago in classic ASP

Archived