Javascript based navigations

skaterdav85

I need to implement a fancy looking navigation for a site im building for commercial use and I was wondering what resources people use. I found one site that has some pretty good jQuery based navigations, but I have to shell out $50 for them here. What do the rest of you do/use?

Well this a web design forum so most people probably make their own. I personally use JQuery but I write everything from scratch. It's much quicker and simpler then raw JS. I will send you an example of a JQuery navigation system in a PM.

Well this a web design forum so most people probably make their own. I personally use JQuery but I write everything from scratch. It's much quicker and simpler then raw JS. I will send you an example of a JQuery navigation system in a PM.

I also use jQuery quite a bit in my projects too, but the navigations I typically make are quite simple and not fancy looking like the ones on the link in my initial post. Navigations are one of those things that I feel like I could most often times just use somebody else's and tweak it here and there, rather than spending hours styling it and making it cross browser compatible.

With a strict DTD and JQuery it's most likely going to be cross browser compatible. That's one of the greatest things about JQuery! And as for the menus, you don't have to shell out $50. There are 2 free options.1. Take the source, modify it so it doesn't appear like the original.2. Without looking at the source, program a duplicate. You don't violate any copyrights this way.

Archived