Zilee

Stop a div from moving.

Is it possible to stop a centered div using % to stop moving at some point during a re-size? Because currently my div is centered but if I re-size too much is goes below the menu while I would want it to stop at the menu.

Edited by Zilee

You can set the min-width attribute to some px, em or pt value to prevent it getting squished too small.

When you use the % values the div is adjusted as a percentage of the view port's width, so its going to change. The max-width modifiers could be used or just fixed widths

I've wondered about reasons behind that property. Thanks.

No problem its all in the documentation at w3.org.

percentages are relative units. if you had the div in a 1000px tall parent div, than 50% would work (max width would be 500px, half of the parent div). when dealing with relative units of measurements, you have to take context into consideration. I think often times max width is used when creating container div's whose widths are relative units (%) and you want keep the view port from over stretching in cases where the user may have a larger than anticipated resolution.