asp.net is not processed by IIS ? Please Help

Guest ToDamberg

Guest ToDamberg

Hello,I am new to ASP.net, but not new to .NET at all.I have installed the IIS und .NET Framework 1.0 on Windows XP Professional.The IIS works fine for static html files.But when I try a simple asp.net page, the embedded vb or c# commands are not executed at all.My simple asp.net page "a.aspx" looks like this:

<html><body><center><h2>Hello ASP</h2><p><%Response.Write(now())%></p></center></body></html>

The output is only:Hello ASPWhy is the output of the date not performed? (I also tried other examples, but none of theme works)Any ideas?Thanx in advance.Torsten

Ok if you haven't already checked some options in IIS, you can look them now. I am not completely sure this will work (as I normally use classic asp)... Ok open IIS (control panel -> Administrarive tools -> Internet Information Services) and go to asp.net tab. Then there you have 'asp.net version' option (by default i think it's empty) so check which versions you have available (i have 1.1 and 2.0) and check one. (I have changed to 2.0 and your example stop working, but probably I shoul reset computer....)Did that work? :)