Retrieving style properties from a target div

I have a page that displays a number of divs that a user can drag and drop, and resize. The style properties of these divs are stored in a database. What I would like is to right click on a div and pop up a menu where one can edit the style properties such as border, background, etc… My two main problems right now are preventing the browser’s right click menu from displaying, and trying to figure out how to retrieve the properties from the target div.Anyone have any ideas?Thanks

Preventing a right-click is dicey but there are a variety of snippets out there that will work providing the user has javascript turned on:<body oncontextmenu="return false;"> This one works in many situations but I think Opera ignores it. YMMV. As a recent adopter of jQuery I'd suggest that it may be worth looking into for retrieving object properties. It can get properties fairly easily, including dynamically altered properties. It's worth a shot.

I have a page that displays a number of divs that a user can drag and drop, and resize. The style properties of these divs are stored in a database. What I would like is to right click on a div and pop up a menu where one can edit the style properties such as border, background, etc… My two main problems right now are preventing the browser’s right click menu from displaying, and trying to figure out how to retrieve the properties from the target div.Anyone have any ideas?Thanks