linking with flash

real_illusions

i'm trying to make a menui made an image with photoshop, and imported it into flash.and i've been told that this actionscript helps with the url

on (release) {	getUrl("index.htm");}

but it doesn't workflash mx gives me an error when i try it.

**Error** Scene=Scene 1, layer=Layer 1, frame=1:Line 1: Mouse events are permitted only for button instances     on (release) {Total ActionScript Errors: 1   Reported Errors: 1

i'm a bit of a dumbass with flash..so if you give me a big kid like version with colour pictures that would be great :)

i'm trying to make a menui made an image with photoshop, and imported it into flash.and i've been told that this actionscript helps with the url
on (release) {	getUrl("index.htm");}

but it doesn't workflash mx gives me an error when i try it.

**Error** Scene=Scene 1, layer=Layer 1, frame=1:Line 1: Mouse events are permitted only for button instances     on (release) {Total ActionScript Errors: 1   Reported Errors: 1

i'm a bit of a dumbass with flash..so if you give me a big kid like version with colour pictures that would be great :)

Make the image that you are using for your button a Button Symbol. All you have to do is click on your image and press F8 and then name it and choose the Button option and hit ok, then your code should work fine.

• 2 weeks later...