Cross Browser Compatibility test tool!

3 members have voted

1. 1. Will Adobe Browserlab affect your workflow?

• Yes, just what I needed!
    • No, not at all
    • Not needed
    • Already have a solution - please explain
  2. 2. Will you use the service often?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe

I just found the most wonderful solution to checking if your site will render properly on basically every popular browser available. All that is missing is Safari for windows!Adobe BrowserlabGo check it out!http://browserlab.adobe.comWhat do you think? Will you use it?Renders just like the real thing.Sucks that it's flash though... now I can't do everything on my iPad anymore :)

Maybe the kind of thinking I have is not so common, but... I don't need pixel perfection in the sites that I build. Then again, I haven't worked with a really demanding client (everytime I've said "there's no point in pixel perfection, believe me. A consistent, nearly pixel perfect look is enough.", they've just accepted it like that), and I know not to pursue it for myself either, so I just might be lucky.As for cross browser testing in general... what's wrong with actually having all browsers installed? For IE6, I have a VM, but I rarely use it, as the sites I build generally don't need to run in IE6 at all. So, whenever I run it, it's for "bonus points" rather than a "must have".

Maybe the kind of thinking I have is not so common, but... I don't need pixel perfection in the sites that I build. Then again, I haven't worked with a really demanding client (everytime I've said "there's no point in pixel perfection, believe me. A consistent, nearly pixel perfect look is enough.", they've just accepted it like that), and I know not to pursue it for myself either, so I just might be lucky.
I also noticed, and lamented this, since I wanted to test text justification, which is useless without a scalable window. I'll have to find another solution for that. They also want the bullets exactly "there" and IE doesn't want to play along.
As for cross browser testing in general... what's wrong with actually having all browsers installed? For IE6, I have a VM, but I rarely use it, as the sites I build generally don't need to run in IE6 at all. So, whenever I run it, it's for "bonus points" rather than a "must have".
Since I have a mac I could install a VM or use Crossover to run IE 6 etc, but it slows the system down and I hate waiting for programs etc to load. I also noticed that Firefox and Chrome on my Mac, don't render exactly the same as on Windows. Also, I like to keep things legal, and buying VM software along with the windows lisence is a large expense. Since I'm designing on the side as a student, such an exspense is not a possibility. The client I'm currently working for has explicitly asked me to make sure it works on everything, so I do as he asks. If it were minor problems, it would not have been an issue, but currently it makes sections of the site unreadable. (It's a Joomla site with template they bought, driving me nuts!)So yeah, thats why I feel this, as a free service, is an excellent choice.

Archived