[EMAIL] spamfilter issue

SiteSniffer

Hello all,I'm testing my email form and it's working great. It sends an email with HTML invoice to a customer. My question is how do I prevent it to be picked up as spam? Is there a way to randomise a string and implent it somehow in my mail routine? If so, how?

I don't see how randomising a string will help prevent your email being marked as spam. The only real way is to tell your recipients to whitelist your address, however there are some guidelines to help make your emails appear less spam-like, for example by limiting the number of images in the document.

I only use one image in the email (business logo, 120x120 px) so that's can't be the issue I think.I was under the asumption that randomizing a string would change the hash of the output HTML email, asuming that spamfilters filter on known hashes used in spam emails. If 'my assumption is wrong then please let me know.

Well, if you think your particular message has been blacklisted, then changing a part of it may be enough to fool it... though probably not. Anyway, if you are sending out invoices, won't all your messages be different?

Spam filters consider many factors when determining whether an email is spam or not, including both the header and the body; for example, the Received: header is often used as a moderately reliable indication of the source of the email, and empty To: headers are often considered suspicious. Of course, subject, etc. information is also stored in the header.Changing the body will not affect the header, though.

Archived