[SOLVED] javascipt color change effect

alex242

The problem may not be so obvious, but it still should not be happening. The rate of the 'setTimout' is set so slow so you can see the problem more clearly. The problem is that sometimes the color repeats itself, causing a visual 'hang' in the color change of the text. I have written some code that should be working to stop this issue, but it does not appear to be working. What is wrong?

<html><head><script type='text/javascript'>var colors = new Array('black','red','green','blue','brown','chocolate','purple','gray','olive');function hellow(y){x = Math.floor(Math.random()*10);while(x == y){x = Math.floor(Math.random()*10);}document.getElementById('hello').style.color = colors[x]var t = setTimeout('hellow(x)',500);}</script></head><body onload='hellow(1)'><h1 id='hello'>HELLO WORLD!</h1></body></html>

uhh... Sorry everybody... I'm an Idiot.It was working just fine. I just didn't have a ninth color name listed, so it appeared to hang when the random number x equaled 9.Sorry again...this thread should be closed so It doesn't waste anyone else's time.

Archived