begginner ingoring white space in flash. not having the desired effect

hansolo

i have loaded a the test.xml . which is an xml file into a dynamic text box in flash. I used the ignore white space command; however its seems to appear the same. should the text then appear on one line. As the xml file does not seem to igonoring the white space in flash var my_xml = new XML();my_xml.onLoad = function(success){my_xml.ignoreWhite = true;if (success){xmlBox.text=this;trace(this);}}my_xml.load("test.xml");

What you are ignoring with this option is white space nodes, not white space ala HTML.When you write XML, or HTML for that matter, have you noticed how it looks:

<div>	<span>TEXT</span></div>

Do you notice anything between the div start tag and the span start tag? No? There's actually white space there. A new line, and a few spaces to be exact. Normally, XML parsers read that space, and present it as a text node to you. With the option to ignore whitespace, that kind of node will not be created.

What you are ignoring with this option is white space nodes, not white space ala HTML.When you write XML, or HTML for that matter, have you noticed how it looks:
<div>	<span>TEXT</span></div>

Do you notice anything between the div start tag and the span start tag? No? There's actually white space there. A new line, and a few spaces to be exact. Normally, XML parsers read that space, and present it as a text node to you. With the option to ignore whitespace, that kind of node will not be created.

I thinks its nodes . I'm not realy sure. its in actionscript 2 in flash cs5

Archived