need tips to get this to acting together

Bannmann_sam

have you got an opening body tag? when i view page source theres no opening body tag <body>, after </head>, but in firebug there is?</head><body><!--missing-->
closing body tag. but looks like it will not appear in css file format, which I have inserted in the file. get the good out of the DW program, but not the browser. what am I doing wrongthis is the css script I use to this page and use this to multiple pages
@charset "utf-Iso-8859-1";/* CSS Document */body,td,th {	color: #FFFFFF;	font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif}body {background-color: #AF2B1E;}a:link {color: #FFFFFF;}a:visited {color: #FFFFFF;}a:hover {color: #FFFFFF;}a:active {color: #FFFFFF;}.stasjon {font-size: 36px}.kommune {font-size: 24px}.link {font-size: 18px}.dato {font-size: 18px}.tekst_info {font-size: 14px}.informasjon {font-size: 18px}.info_stasjon {font-size: 14px}.beredskap {font-size: 18px}.kjoretoy {font-size: 14px}

have you got an opening body tag? when i view page source theres no opening body tag <body>, after </head>, but in firebug there is?</head><body><!--missing-->
This is the most immediate problem. Fix what dsonesuk mentioned above and see if that helps. You can't just put styles in the CSS for the body and have them show up without having a body in your document. (Aside from the fact that it's invalid markup to not have a body...)

FWIW, it has long been a W3C concern that browsers do their best to correct errors that are easily recognized by machine. It seems that Firefox is adding a <body> element in the appropriate place, just as it routinely adds a <tbody> element to tables without one (as it also does on this page).But, yes, the error must be corrected in the HTML.

Yup. I downloaded the page and added the <body> tag. All the CSS shows up.BTW, in XHTML all tag names and attribute names must be in lowercase. You should correct the case of your <meta> tags.You should also consider a different way to layout your page than tables. Some of your data is table oriented, but not all of it.

Yup. I downloaded the page and added the <body> tag. All the CSS shows up.BTW, in XHTML all tag names and attribute names must be in lowercase. You should correct the case of your <meta> tags.You should also consider a different way to layout your page than tables. Some of your data is table oriented, but not all of it.
it is a common problem with mozilla firefox and IE that it can not read html and css ... tested this in Opera. here is the way I see it in DW.

perhaps you should rely less on DW and focus more on what actual browsers see. It is not unrealistic to expect a page to render incorrectly in any browser if you are missing critical tags from your code.edit: edited for being too fast a typer....again. lol. thanks SM. :)

perhaps you should rely more less on DW and focus more on what actual browsers see.
I think that's what you meant...:)Like scientist tried to say:Don't rely on Dreamweaver's design view. It is very often wrong in respect to what an actual browser will render. Your best bet is to have copies of the browsers installed on your computer and test in each one instead of in Dreamweaver.
it is a common problem with mozilla firefox and IE that it can not read html and css ... tested this in Opera. here is the way I see it in DW.
FF and IE 'read' HTML and CSS just fine. If you don't have valid/correct markup how is any browser supposed to know what should or should not display and how?Don't be blaming browsers when your code is erroneous.

Like scientist tried to say:
indeed, :)perhaps you are like my forum director.
ShadowMage [director]: "Okay, okay, everyone take it from the top...kids messing up his lines again...."

Hvordan kan jeg bruke dette oppsette på sidene. kjørte valid/correct markup og dette var det den fant valid/correct markupbut it added this<style type="text/css">/*<![CDATA[*/ strong.c5 {text-decoration: underline} div.c4 {text-align: left} span.c3 {text-decoration: underline} div.c2 {text-align: right} div.c1 {text-align: center}/*]]>*/</style>does not look like I have something to work after having corrected this up

Archived