XML Storage

xmlxpert

Hi, Is XML file a good way in storing data than any other databases? When will you use XML or RDBM databases anyways? I'm a newbie in ASP and would like to integrate XML with it than using MSACCESS as data storage. Is this a good choice? Or should I simple use both?

In my point of view, MSAccess is useless anyways, but that's only my opinion.XML is not meant for replacing a database engine such as Access or MySQL. It's suppose to be used everywhere you would rather include only plane text on the visual parts of the site. The reson being to "separate data from presentation". Such thing would be for example a menu. Instead of making a server side include, you could store all the presentation for it in the ASP file (or in XSLT and use ASP to execute it- that's what I would prefer) and keep all the data in XML. When you want to add/edit/remove a menu item, you would only edit that easy-to-read-file, instead of going deeply into the whole system's hard-to-read-and-find core.

Instead of making a server side include, you could store all the presentation for it in the ASP file (or in XSLT and use ASP to execute it- that's what I would prefer) and keep all the data in XML.
Now I'm Refresh, Thanks boen_robot I'll do that.