DHTML events and attributes

chowmouse

Hey guysI know basic to moderate HTML and am currently doing a VB/HTML class at uni.I have been set a task to develop 10 examples of DHTML code and provide both attributes and names of events in my findings.I have been looking around and i cannot find what the DHTML attributes and DHTML events are, i am getting everything mixed up.Any help in clarifying this would be greatThanks very much

The term "DHTML" (Dynamic HTML) is used to describe the combination of HTML, CSS and Javascript to make pages dynamic. The events would refer to Javascript events or HTML event attributes.The best practice these days is to separate behaviour, content and presentation; So HTML event attributes are rarely used these days. Though considering the fact that your teachers use the old-fashioned term "DHTML" I suppose they expect you to use HTML event attributes.

The term "DHTML" (Dynamic HTML) is used to describe the combination of HTML, CSS and Javascript to make pages dynamic. The events would refer to Javascript events or HTML event attributes.The best practice these days is to separate behaviour, content and presentation; So HTML event attributes are rarely used these days. Though considering the fact that your teachers use the old-fashioned term "DHTML" I suppose they expect you to use HTML event attributes.
So i need 10 examples of DHTML, and to find 6 attributes and 12 events. Is that possible? because as far as i can tell the attributes are exactly the same as the events :)

The attributes are the same as the events. When JavaScript was new, it was very primitive and not as organized as it is now. The tag attributes came first. Eventually, the DOM and JavaScript evolved into better structures. Event attributes could easily be eliminated. But the W3C believes in a lot of backwards compatibility. So they remain valid, and it seems from your instructions that this is what your instructors want. (I'm not entirely clear what your instructors want. Event attributes are VERY 1998. I can't imagine a responsible instructor recommending them in 2010.)So it seems that you're going to have image elements and other junk with a lot of onclick and onmousedown and onchange attributes written right into the tags. If that's what your instructors want, just give it to them.This page, which Ingolme linked you to, has more than you need: http://www.w3schools.com/tags/ref_eventattributes.asp

Archived