PHP - DomImplementation

jogisarge

Hi,i generate a XML-file using the following Code:

$document=DOMImplementation::createDocument();$document->encoding='UTF-8';$document->standalone='no';		$document->formatOutput = TRUE;...$document->save("./test.xml");

the generated XML looks like:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no"?>...

Now in want to habe a blank between standalone="no" and ?> The header has to look like :

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone=[b]"no" ?>[/b]...

Can anybody tell me how to get this?bye jo

... why? That whitespace is completely transparent to XML parsers - the easiest way to get it in there would probably be to use string replacing functions.

... why? That whitespace is completely transparent to XML parsers - the easiest way to get it in there would probably be to use string replacing functions.
You are right.i don't understand, why i should do this.the company,that use my files, needs it.They say, there parser won't work without it.

That's one odd parser :) - anyway, as I said, you can always modify the file's contents after you've written the XML:

$xml = file_get_contents("test.xml");$xml = str_replace("?>", " ?>", $xml);file_put_contents("test.xml", $xml);

the company,that use my files, needs it.They say, there parser won't work without it.
Could you possibly ask them what their parser is, and/or reccomend upgrade/change? The "parser" is clearly custom built (and isn't really a parser), or is a really old non-conformant one.

Archived