Mark H

Updating Site

Hi all,I will, hopefully, embark on updating this site. I already have in mind to update the header image, possibly place a graphic for the navigation. I am also aware that the font size needs to be increased.Preferably I just want to change the CSS.Any other suggestions as to where this site falls down? I'm a delicate sort, so if you do like anything, do say! :)Rabel WebPaperMark.

One of my test monitors is 800x600px, which is still very common. Your wrapper is set to 1020px. On the mtest monitor sert at 1024px, the content is so tall it creates a vertical scrollbar. This uses up more than the available space, so content is hidden, and a horizontal scrollbar shows up. I'd change that problem first.The color scheme is coordinated, and that's good. but I think it still needs some accents to liven it up. You might start with the inverse of your main background color and then tweak it till it's pretty. Then use it for a few headline bars or fonts or something.

Thanks DD,Yes, the issue with width is important, and I can narrow it to fit a 1024 resolution. That was one of my concerns. I was a little confused about width when I first created the site. (I have a 1440 monitor, and this was one of the first sites I did. The very first you couldn't even see what it was on an 800px!)Mark.

If you have a lot of informations on site, you must have vertical scroll.Someone says, on this forum, that people often use 1024x768, so when I'm creating web, I first make div with about 1000px, and then other.

I've made a number of adjustments.DD, the inverse of the background is virtually black, so what I've done is used a slightly red-grey graphic for the title bars.Unfortunately the header and footer graphics are heavy, so I've foregone the graphic for the navigation..a graphic may have made it harder to easily read the page titles anyway. I may be able to make the header and footer graphics smaller (in KB)...at the moment they have a little transparency, so I had to use PNG, but if I can re-create the background colour in the graphic I could make them JPEG, which should reduce the file size dramatically.A further difference is I've increased the line-height and font-size on the main articles, making them far easier to read.Mark.