newbie question - image path - urgent

Guest jjdewitt

Guest jjdewitt

Thanks in advance for your patience with this newbie question.I am new to XML and am configuring a workflow to flow data from a Microsoft Excel .xls file into InDesign CS5 (macintosh). I open the .xls file in the Oxygen XML editor and save a .xml file.Next, I import the .xml into InDesign. Everything is going very well but I have come across one challenge that I need to resolve and haven't yet found the solution.One of the columns in the database has a unique filename in each cell. My challenge is to configure the Excel file and the resulting .xml so that the file path is correct so that it automatically locates each image and imports into InDesign.This will be a very large database of images so I want the xml to point to the asset folder that contains all of the assets, then the xml line for each image defines which filename to import.I'm reading about absolute and relative paths with xml but nothing seems to be working, including using the @ symbol before the filenames.Do I need to put the image path before the filename in the Excel file so that it automatically comes into the xml? I can do find/change text in the .xml file if I have too but I'm trying to figure out what to write.Thanks so much for any help.Oh, here's an example of the code. I am focused on are the "product_image" lines with this question. <row> <product_name>lorem ipsum</product_name> <product_style_number>lorem ipsum</product_style_number> <product_color>lorem ipsum</product_color> <product_description>lorem ipsum</product_description> <product_price>lorem ipsum</product_price> <product_image1>A213_0L0_ACC_hero_f10.psd</product_image1> <product_image2>A213_0UB_ACC_hero_f10.psd</product_image2> <product_image3>A213_CL6_ACC_hero_f10.psd</product_image3> <product_image4>A213_DE0_ACC_hero_f10.psd</product_image4> <product_line>lorem ipsum</product_line> <product_page_order>lorem ipsum</product_page_order> <product_activityA>lorem ipsum</product_activityA> <product_who>lorem ipsum</product_who> <product_activityB>lorem ipsum</product_activityB> <product_apparel_gear>lorem ipsum</product_apparel_gear> </row>

Archived