[SOLVED]

Drycodez

The specification is the most complete reference you will ever find. Not exactly easy to print though, I suppose. :)
can i be able to download it? Is it a css complete refrence (A-Z)? I clicked on the link you gave me, i saw different file format, but i dont know which one to download. I'm just a newbie and i ll love to be like you guyz. Please give me more info.

Eh, I never downloaded a reference or tried to gather as much information as possible pre-emptively - I just looked up things as needed. But yes, the candidate recommendation for CSS 2.1 as written by the W3C working group is the definitive specification that all implementations strive to follow, and describes every single feature of the language normatively. It is also, technically, the only "complete" description there can ever be. You can just save the HTML pages - using a download spider that can scrape the links may make it easier.

Not everyone thinks or absorbs information the same way. Some people really need to learn from print matter. That said, I have found over the years that I get better and better at using online resources to learn techniques that I will be applying online. For one, I'm sitting at my computer anyway, the place where I will need the information. Opening another tab in my browser is pretty easy. For another, online sources usually provide code snippets, which I can copy and paste into my development documents. That's a lot more convenient than retyping stuff. Then there is the convenience of Google searches and links to related topics.Anyway, I would suggest getting accustomed to online resources as much as possible. If you need something to hold in your hand, keep it simple, just a general overview of the concepts you need. The best online references go into enormous detail and are probably best left online. A classic example is the online PHP manual, which would be 1000s of printed pages. Not at all convenient as a document to hold in your hands.

Anyway, I would suggest getting accustomed to online resources as much as possible. If you need something to hold in your hand, keep it simple, just a general overview of the concepts you need. The best online references go into enormous detail and are probably best left online. A classic example is the online PHP manual, which would be 1000s of printed pages. Not at all convenient as a document to hold in your hands.
Especially when you consider such features as a Search. Imagine paging through hundreds of pages just to find out what order the arguments for a function are supposed to be in.

I have been using online resources for almost a month now, and i'm begining to run out of cash (Naira currency). I have my own PC (personal computer), but it's not connected to the internet (NO-Network). right now, i' m in a cyber-cafe, and i have used upto 3hours and thats is alot of bill. So, those are some of the reasons i wanted to print the reference (css refrence).

Archived