select into set (solved, typo)

Illasera

I have a <select> drop down menu with options that correspond into a "set" datatype in MySql(myIasm) database*Please note - That i have changed few names in my code so it may looks like i have a typo or a data doesnt fit, But it does.However, I fail to insert the data from the select menu into the "set" colomn in MySQL database, is there some sort of trick to do so?codePage.php

echo "<form action='page.php' method='post' enctype='multipart/form-data'>";	echo "<select name='GROUP_One' size='1' style='width:200px; height:30px; direction:rtl; text-align:right; font-family:arial; font-size:14px; color:#000000; text-decoration:none;'>";	echo "<option selected='selected' option value='NONE'>NONE</option>";	echo "<option value='RED'>RED</option>";	echo "<option value='WHITE'>WHITE</option>";	echo "<option value='NEW'>NEW</option>";	echo "<option value='MONTH'>MONTH</option>";	echo "<option value='ACCESSORIES'>ACCESORIES</option>";echo "<input type='submit' name='update_data' value='update_data'/>";$r_Group = $_POST['GROUP_One'];		// Connection to database already made! no need to include code				if($r_Group)		{			mysql_query("INSERT INTO Groups_table (SQL_GROUP)			VALUES ('$_POST[$r_Group]')");

}mysql db SQL_GROUP Groups_tableSQL_GROUP{NONEREDWHITENEWMONTHACCESORIES}

I have a <select> drop down menu with options that correspond into a "set" datatype in MySql(myIasm) database*Please note - That i have changed few names in my code so it may looks like i have a typo or a data doesnt fit, But it does.However, I fail to insert the data from the select menu into the "set" colomn in MySQL database, is there some sort of trick to do so?codePage.php
		echo "<form action='page.php' method='post' enctype='multipart/form-data'>";	echo "<select name='GROUP_One' size='1' style='width:200px; height:30px; direction:rtl; text-align:right; font-family:arial; font-size:14px; color:#000000; text-decoration:none;'>";	echo "<option selected='selected' option value='NONE'>NONE</option>";	echo "<option value='RED'>RED</option>";	echo "<option value='WHITE'>WHITE</option>";	echo "<option value='NEW'>NEW</option>";	echo "<option value='MONTH'>MONTH</option>";	echo "<option value='ACCESSORIES'>ACCESORIES</option>";echo "<input type='submit' name='update_data' value='update_data'/>";$r_Group = $_POST['GROUP_One'];		// Connection to database already made! no need to include code				if($r_Group)		{			mysql_query("INSERT INTO Groups_table (SQL_GROUP)			VALUES ('$_POST[$r_Group]')");

}mysql db SQL_GROUP Groups_tableSQL_GROUP{NONEREDWHITENEWMONTHACCESORIES}

$r_Group = $_POST['GROUP_One'];

mysql_query("INSERT INTO Groups_table (SQL_GROUP)			VALUES ('$_POST[$r_Group]')");

1) $_POST[$r_Group] does not exist. there is no such indices in your $_POST array acording to your code2) you are assighning $_POST['GROUP_ONE'] to $r_Group. so you can use $r_Group in the mysql_query3) $_POST[$r_Group] is not correct syntactically.4) use mysql_real_escape_string in your query to prevent sql injection5) yor if block seems not complted. i think a bracet is missing

Archived