Sign in to follow this  
choobakka

dynamic table

heres what id like to achieve:i am going to inbed some .jpg pictures in my Access database.on my webpage i would like the user to select a product line from a drop down list.once they have selected a product line, i would like the corresponding .jpeg images to be pulled from the database and displayed in a table. does anybody know how i could achieve this (preferably with dreamweaver)?please tell me the steps i need to go throughthanks

ok ive managed to extract images from the database and present them in a table on a webpage. the only thing i need to do now it have a drop down list from which users can select a product line. once users have selected, i would like the corresponding images to be displayed.any ideas?

ok ive managed to extract images from the database and present them in a table on a webpage. the only thing i need to do now it have a drop down list from which users can select a product line. once users have selected, i would like the corresponding images to be displayed.any ideas?

Glad you learned about response.BinaryWrite in time, however displaying the images in a dropdown list usually requires some CSS, something that looks like this:
<select name="products"><option value="1" style="height : 100px; background-image : url(someimage1.gif);"></option><option value="2" style="height : 100px; background-image : url(someimage2.gif);"></option><option value="3" style="height : 100px; background-image : url(someimage3.gif);"></option><option value="4" style="height : 100px; background-image : url(someimage4.gif);"></option><option value="5" style="height : 100px; background-image : url(someimage5.gif);"></option></select>

If that doesn't work, you can try displaying the images in a table (you can use Javascript to collapse/expand parts of the table).