MySql long asian text (solved)

Illasera

Hey everyone, Am submitting a long text (ASIAN LANGUAGE) form to MySQL (IASM), But whenever i exceed 255 characters, it wont sumbit the form at allNow as far as i understand, over 255 characters change from varchar datatype that can hold "Special characters" to text datatypeI am assuming text is unable to accept NON-ascii code unless am wrong, Anyone have any idea how to handle this issue?Thanks in advance.

Are you using the GET or POST method? GET has much stricter size limitations than POST and I'm not sure if trying to exceed it leads to clipping of the data being sent or if it causes form submission to fail.

Are you using the GET or POST method? GET has much stricter size limitations than POST and I'm not sure if trying to exceed it leads to clipping of the data being sent or if it causes form submission to fail.
1.)Using POST mathod.2.)Not using javascript at this section, unless you mean that post form mathod uses it... But i didnt write anything in javascript.3.)It doesnt post at all , When it exceed 255 characters, The other paramaters that i am trying to post get deleted as well.

Just to be clear, you're saying that when you press the submit button on the form that nothing at all happens. The browser does nothing when you press the submit button, correct?
No no no no, The browser sumbit the form onto itself,Meaning i have a page.php where the form is, and am submitting the form into page.php,Ill double check the error syntax and will write it as it displays soonPlease note that am having the same issue now even for an english text, When i POST a long variable, it reports the following error :You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 's bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla at line 1Let me ask the following question, Maybe its the problem that i am having, Is there a limit to the number of data per row that i can post? If so, how do i fix it?

No no no no, The browser sumbit the form onto itself,Meaning i have a page.php where the form is, and am submitting the form into page.php,The MySQL engine, Does nothing, It doesn`t INSERT any of the form parameters once i have exceeded 255 characters.If i recall correctly, Although i don`t have the page in front of me, I think when am wrting more than 255 characters, INSERT function fails and return error saying something aboutan error : Error : You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ?????????????????? at line 2", The asian characters in the error only displays the characters after it exceeds the 255 limitIll double check the error syntax and will write it as it displays soonPlease note that am having the same issue now even for an english text, When i POST a long variable, it reports the following error :You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 's bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla at line 1Let me ask the following question, Maybe its the problem that i am having, Is there a limit to the number of data per row that i can post? If so, how do i fix it?
Found the problem that leads to a new problem, The issue wasnt characters limit or something,IT was the character = ' (single quote) that i had in most of my wordsits seems to be i need to add a backward slashes to single quotes if they are part of a string, Now the new question is : How do i do that?

probably need to use string replace, or enclose the entire string in double quotes and use only single quotes within the string.

Archived