My first PHP/MYSQL site

kbyoyoa

looks decent, although I noticed there are quite a lot of validation errors. It seems to show up OK in FF but I cannot comment on other browsers. Perhaps a switch over to a Strict DTD and some time resolving validation errors.

looks decent, although I noticed there are quite a lot of validation errors. It seems to show up OK in FF but I cannot comment on other browsers. Perhaps a switch over to a Strict DTD and some time resolving validation errors.
Most of the errors are from kbyoyoa using xhtml inside of the php :) I don't think there are any errors on my part :)

One thing I noticed - you've created the links in the site entirely in css, and there is no text content within them.ie <a href="categories.php"></a> instead of <a href="categories.php">categories</a> This makes the navigation pretty un-readable for search engines and screen readers.If you want to replace the text with an image via css, then use the text-indent style to push the text content off the page, rather than just having no text content.Also, you are lacking description meta tags in the page. Good stuff, otherwise.

Archived