å, Å

chokk

Maybe the default font is different, and is one that doesn't support the exact glyphs you're using... have you explicitly set the font to something?

The default font is Trebuchet. When I set the charset to ISO-8859-1, the letter å displays correctly in opera and safari, but now displays incorrectly in ie, firefox and chrome?

Then this can only mean you haven't said the charset to UTF-8 everywhere.Here's a short checklist:1. File encoding, as seen from the editor. Open the problematic file, and go to "File > Save As...", and see if the encoding dropdown says "UTF-8".2. Header encoding. If using PHP, you can set it with the header() function. If using plain ".html" files, you can use .htaccess to set the header.3. Meta encoding - I'm assuming the encoding you've been altering.

Well I'm certain I've set the charset to UTF-8 everywhere. Although the problem only seems to affect pages where I have text loading from the database. Will that affect special characters?

Oh yes... two more vectors added to the checklist then:4. Use mysqli_set_charset() or equivalent to set the connection charset to UTF-8. Do so every time you connect to the DB, regardless of what you're doing with it.5. Use utf8_general_ci as your DB collation.NOTE: Old data can't be fixed. These settings will only make new data display properly.

Archived