Development help!

Jamesking56

Hey,I am planning to develop a new project and have a few collaborators but I have a problem.The code will be sold and most of it will be encrypted. How can I collaborate with other users using Subversion / Git privately so that we can all work on the project together?How do I do this for completely free?

Use a tool like TortoiseSVN. You can share it with the rest of the team by setting up a WebDav server (Goolgeing setup intructions revealed this; I haven't tried it, but seems like it might work).

To enable a server that is on 24/7, you need a computer to work as a server that is on 24/7. No way around that.It doesn't have to be YOUR computer with XAMPP, but it must be a computer under your direct control that is on 24/7. There is too much specific software to install, so no free web hosting provider is going to cut it... in fact, only dedicated hosting would cut it if you were to get a paid offer. But the software to install is free, you already have at least the computer with XAMPP already on it (theoretically, no need for extra hardware; sounds like in practice, that doesn't suit you), so the "all free" and "private" requirements are dealth with. Well... you'll have a slightly higher electricity bill, but that's as unavoidable as having a control over a computer.

I doubt anyone is familiar with all SVN options out there. Basically, you can either host your own, or you can get it hosted. If you have it hosted, it may be free and private, and it may not be. It's sort of up to you to research your options. This is one such service:http://www.collab.net/cloud/

Archived