floating problem again

Abby

I have a simple container with text-align:left, and other text floated on the right (with a large right margin). The right-floated text should be on the same line as the left text. It should *never* wrap to the next line. Assiging a "float:right" to this special text works fine in FF and IE8. However, it wraps to the next line when the browser window gets minimized a lot. And worse ... it wraps immediately in lower versions of IE. How do I work around this problem? I've included the relevant code, below.HTML:

.blurb {  min-width:200px;  max-width:85%;  color:#000;  text-align:left;  line-height:94%;  font-weight:bold;  background-color:#bec;  -webkit-border-radius:5px;  -moz-border-radius:5px;  border-radius:5px;  padding:5px;  margin:0 16px 6px 150px;}.blurb span {float:right; margin-right:12%;}

Oh, and one more question. It looks like border-radius is not valid CSS, although it works fine in the browser tests. Is border-radius a CSS2 vs CSS3 property issue?Thanks.

border-radius is a CSS3 property, but it doesn't work in IE (yet, come on IE9!) Can you provide a link to your site so we can see exactly what's happening? I have a hunch that it's because you're using a <span> to float right, but I want to see it action first. You could try setting display: inline-block on the element to see if that fixes it, though. Also, a min-width wouldn't be a bad thing here.

Here's the page. (Warning: Nude drawings, may not be safe for work).I added display:inline-block, and I altered the min-width to 560px. That solves the problem for FF and IE8, but it still displays wrong in IE7. What's wrong with using a <span>? I don't know much about how CSS and HTML really work.Thanks for your help!

Archived