Condition check for XML attributes using XSL

srivatsahg

Hello At runtime I can have two formats of a XML file:<root> <diagram> <graph color= "#ff00ff"> <xaxis>1 2 3 12 312 3123 1231 23 </xaxis> <yaxis>1 2 3 12 312 3123 1231 23 </yaxis> </graph> </diagram> </root>Possibility 2.<root> <diagram> <graph> <xaxis>1 2 3 12 312 3123 1231 23 </xaxis> <yaxis>1 2 3 12 312 3123 1231 23 </yaxis> </graph> </diagram> </root>Depending on the presence of the color attribute i have to process the values of the xaxis and yaxis.I need to do this using XSL. Can anyone help me in hinting me a snippet where i can check these condtions.I tried using<xsl: when test="graph[1]/@color"> //some processing here using graph[1]/@color values</xsl:when>i got an error ...Can anyone help me in realizing this condition check

You can simply chain another predicate, like:

<xsl: when test="graph[1][@color]">//some processing here using graph[1] has a "color" attribute</xsl:when>

When you use a predicate, you're still processing the same node you were processing before it. What you had was actually advancing to the attribute node itself.If for whatever reason chaining a predicate is not feasable, you can also use "../" to back up one level (i.e. the element with the color attribute itself), but that will have to be prefixed on every XPath statements that targets that element.

Thanks a lot !!That works...

You can simply chain another predicate, like:
<xsl: when test="graph[1][@color]">//some processing here using graph[1] has a "color" attribute</xsl:when>

When you use a predicate, you're still processing the same node you were processing before it. What you had was actually advancing to the attribute node itself.If for whatever reason chaining a predicate is not feasable, you can also use "../" to back up one level (i.e. the element with the color attribute itself), but that will have to be prefixed on every XPath statements that targets that element.

Archived