Suggestions/Critiques are welcomed!

ColdEdge

Hello!I am looking for Suggestions and Critiques on a forum software I been working for past 6 - 7 months. You are welcomed to create an account and test as well as explore the forum. Here are few things that are going to be added later on in the future: http://a323.city-scapes.net/bbs/topic.asp?id=2 If you have suggestions please post them here and in the topic provided if you wish.Here is the link for the community: http://a323.city-scapes.net/bbs/I am still not very clear with the name but I will mostlikely use Dijit Board and licence the board under GPL v3.In any case suggestions, critiques and all others are welcomed.I hope you enjoy your experience while testing Dijit Board ^^- Thanks in advance ^^

A sorry about that ApocalypeX. Your account was activated by activate.aspx, the only problem is that there was a minor problem with one of the lines in the signin code.. I used != syntax instead of == which caused this error ^^But your account was activated so you can freely signin now. Ones again I am very very very sorry. I added activation system just yesterday so I needed to rewrite few things here and there, and prob made some syntax errors since I was in a rush cuz I had to go out for a bit ^^

You mean like the side icons? If this is what you meant like:Hot TopicNew PostNo New Poststhis will be available soon. As I am thinking of making it look more like a forum since the curent theme is not that easy to manage and seems to not work on IE8

You mean like the side icons? If this is what you meant like:Hot TopicNew PostNo New Poststhis will be available soon. As I am thinking of making it look more like a forum since the curent theme is not that easy to manage and seems to not work on IE8

I got my member confirmation slower than I expected, so I didn't try it out for a while. As an original project, it's got a lot of nice stuff going on.I was not able to add a signature. Maybe that's in progress?If you don't have more plans for the "My Options" page, it might be good to go directly to "My Settings," especially since the menu on the left let's me navigate through all the options anyway.

I am very sorry Deirdre's Dad I will look into why it might have taken so long to send. You will be able to change password, e-mail and update sig in next few days. My Options page will be renamed to Profile and will use tabs instead of the curent many and such.

Ok I need some help, right now I am hitting a brick wall with choosing a good name here is few that I think are good for the BBS to be named- Dijit Board- SimpleRocket Board- Crunchy Board- qpRocket Board- qp BoardPlease tell me your opinion on the name and the name u would prefer the most. I personally like SimpleRocket Board

You need to add a navigation tree for you forums. Like on w3 and most forums.e.g.> W3Schools Forum > W3Schools > Critiques > Suggestions/Critiques are welcomed!At the moment I have to click home and then find my way back to that specific forum or thread.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Damm school and rest of crap that been pilling on me for a while. Anyhow I am still here not dead ^^, I originally wanted version 2 to be complete by Christmas but failed to achieve this goal. The release of the board is set for the Summer of 2011 lets hope it gets done by then. But I might release a Beta way before that.Here is a list of new things added to SugoiBB R2System- Improved SugoiQR Framework- Improved SugoiQR UI Framework- Improved SugoiQR Core Security- Improved SugoiQR Theme Engine- Improved SugoiQR Framework Speed- Restructured System DirectorysUser- Improved PM System * Custom PM Folder Creation Added * PM Exporting (HTML, TXT) Added * PM Reporting Added * SugoiQRdM Security Added- Improved User Account * Account Password Change Added * Account Information Editing Added * Profile Status Added * Status Sharing via Twitter/Facebook in Progress * New SugoiQRuA Engine Added * Ability to Crop Avatar Added * Ability to use URL Added * 5 Avatars per/user Function Added (user can save 5 avatars to his/her account, *off by default* can be turned ON via ACP) * Gravatar Support in Progress - Improved User Profile Page * User Comment Wall Added * Profile Page Redesigned * vCard Support Added * Mail Function Added (send user an e-mail truth the board with out exposing the users e-mail to the sender) * Buddy System in Progress * Report System in Progress- Posting * Redesigned Posting Environment * Post Hot linking Added * Post Reporting Added * Post Quote in Progress * Fast Reply Added * Topic Icons Added * New Editor * In line Post Editing in Decision Process- Topics * Subject Editing Added * Topic Icon Added * Mark as Important in Progress * Mark as Sticky in Progress * Topic Password Protection in Progress (can be used by board root admin/admin(s) only, *permission for: supper mod(s)/mod(s) can be enabled via ACP*) * Topic Feed Added * Print Support Added * Topic Export via HTML in Decision Process (this most likely will not be added) * Improved SugioiQRtS Engine (topic Security)- Search * User Search in Progress * Topic/Post Search by Keyword in Progress * Topic/Post Search by User in Progress * Organizing Results by Asc, Desc, Date in Progress * #of Results per Page 10, 20, 40 in Progress (default is 10, can be edited via ACP and UCP)- Registration * CAPTCHA Support in Progress * COPPA Support in Progress * Terms of Service Agreement before Registering in Progress- Activation * Password Change Activation in Progress (requires user to activate function via email) * Account Activation in Rebuilding (some modification support will be present in ACP) * Added SugoiQRaSF Engine- bbCode * Improved SugoiQRbbC * Improved SugoiQRbbC Smiley Engine- Admin Contol Panel & Mod Control Panel * Information not yet available. well this is it for now as you can see I am getting there ^^

• 2 weeks later...

@ApocalypeXYep, the software originally ran on localhost server, so I never bout herd changing that. Not to mention the theme that the BBS uses was temporary so I am still not sure where to stick the direct link to user profile.

Archived